Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Welcome to the Lilith blog...

The High Teaching that Sage offered last Monday night offered much food for thought. There are several different definitions of Lilith - here are just a couple to get you thinking.

Sumerian Goddess Lilith, Eve's dark sister and first wife of Adam, representative of all that is dark, wild, intensely creative, and free in human nature, existing beyond the reach of society's boundaries or control.
In astrolgy, Lilith is also called "The Dark Moon" and is about the Junguian concept of Shadow, the dark side that each one of us carry in our souls and need to be integrated to our Self in our search for wholeness.


The first definition is a lot more 'free' sounding to me. I love the periods in my life when I have been living in that wild, creative, and free space - existing "beyond the reach of society's boundaries or control." But I do have to say that usually that is a way more "manic" period in my life. Wondering what is living for you folks who were at the high teaching and looking forward to hearing what you have to say...peace.

No comments: